Directs activities of workers on concrete paving projects ranging in cost from zero to 100 million dollars by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. May be designated to work away from home for extended periods according to projects needs.
- Read, understand, interpret, and enforce safety polices and practices.
- Read and understand plans, specifications and local building codes.
- Schedules and documents all required inspections, quality testing, or other compliance requirements.
- Comply with and document environmental permits and inspections.
- Completes daily reports such as units complete, safety reports, EEO meetings and weekly unit cost worksheets.
- Read and understand global project schedules and generate two-week construction schedules weekly.
- Schedule and order materials, inspections and manpower in order to meet project schedules and specifications.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Confers with and directs personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Maintain a general knowledge of equipment used on the job including basic understanding of equipment limits and designed purposes.
- Track delivery, use and completion of rentals on the job.
- Complete regular performance reviews for employees under his/her direction in a complete and timely manner. Ensures the employee understands the review, signs the review form and is provided a copy for his/her records.
- Confers with personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Complete 20 hours per year of continued education relating to our field.
- Attend monthly Superintendent meetings and participate actively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Four or more years related experience and/or training; or a bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, basic algebra and proportions to practical situations. Should be able to, at a minimum calculate concrete volume in cubic yards, square yards, cubic feet, etc. and convert earth weights into tons.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the basic functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word Excel, internet software and current scheduling software.